Monday, January 08, 2007

Some exciting news..for me any way..lol

My 19 year old son went for a driving lesson and came home with his Ps...yay!!!!

I was sooo excited i nearly dive tackled him in my excitement.

Now you may ask, why so excited mum?

when so many teenagers are killed on the roads,

and its so very dangerous driving..

Well...

It means that i do not have to get up early to drive him to work..

I dont have to wait for a phone call at 11pm to pick him up from work.

I dont have to drop him off and pick him up from parties anymore,

or his friends..

I dont have to get up to drive him to the train station to go to university..

He is so excited he wants to drive everyone everywhere..yay,

he takes his brothers to the shop, he drives himself to work , to the beach to his friends.

He has independence now.

He is a very good kid.

He is sensible and i know he wont be a stupid driver or take risks.

Children grow up and this is just one more step in his life.

One that i cant be with him but one that im excited he has conquered..

now on a lighter note...

*****

Ok a few more preganncy album layouts to share:



8 comments:

Unknown said...

Fran, love the pages for your pregnancy album.

And yes, the joys of getting their license. Daughter is currently trying for her L's so that will be the last of mine when she gets her license. Still scary though to think of her driving alone! But I'll love the fact that I won't have to drive her to work, school, friends places.

Julie said...

Love the pages of your journal. I wasn't a scrapper when I was pregnant with Asher so I haven't done one.

Enioy your freedome from having to be your sons taxi.LOL

Jolene Pienaar said...

your pregnancy album is looking spectacular! Grats on your son and his P's!

*Jeanne* said...

Hey there you... Thanks for stopping by my blog with such kinds comments. Then I see you put me in your links. I have very honored.

I love your pregnancy album.. OMGosh just stunning work!

Yes I understand a bit about teenagers.. mine will be turning 15 in February...

Hugs from across the pond!

Jaci Clark said...

I just wanted to stop by and say "HI". I was looking through your blog...your LO's are awesome! The pregnancy album is just beautiful!

Glad to hear your son got his license! It'll be nice not having to take him everywhere! :)

jilly said...

Oh Fran these are just beautiful!
Your mojo has ARRIVED!
xxJill

Jini said...

Fran, I totally love your pages for you pregnancy album. You've inspired me to pull out my baby boxes and start something.

Julie said...

WOOHOO on your son getting his license!! It really is a big step for their independence.
Lovin the baby journal pages - they are all so adorable and i really love the idea of the journal.