Monday, February 26, 2007

NEWS FLASH!!!!\
Well i just came across this gorgeous layout using colour blocking..So just wanted to share....
I will definaletly be scraplifting some ideas from this...Page by April Peterson

CHOOKSCRAPS....
Well we are down to our final two on chook island survivor...Its just flown along and we had such a wonderful response..So congrats to the two finalists..
This last challenge includes two layouts..One is using a predetemined photo sent to both partivcipants and the other is a non photo layout challenge....
Here is my example, it is for my pregnancy album which i have nearly finished..lol

WHAT IVE BEEN UP TO(in the scrapbooking world)
Over at the Scrapbook chalet im still in the survivor competition..Gee the work is outstanding and each week its a struggle to come up with something new and exciting..lol.This was my last creation, that had to include at least 10 embellishments..I am not a girly pink scrapper but i so did enjoy using thsese papers and the colour pink..i want to do more pink!!!!.lol


At EMM on the weekend i only managed one challenge , an aqua and brown layout.. Love this photo of Jack..

Over at scrapbook city, in the reality scraps comp, we had to use the bling and scalloped bazzil.. no pp..wow..that was difficult..but i do love what i achieved even if it didnt get me through to the next round, im one of the others now...lol

And finally at Crafting in style we had to use felt as the main part in the layout.. Now im not a felt person but i found it quite easy to work with..when my sewing machine cooperated...
What ive been up to at home...

Well where do i begin,,,teenagers!!!!! grrrrrrrr My eldest son who has never given me grief, who has wonderful friends and is at university caused me to have heart ache on the weekend. My dilemma is , do i act (as a mother) or do i stand back and let him work it out..????My son was dragged out his car and beaten on, kicked in the head and hurt, by a gang of boys on the weekend..Now it seems he was in his car, with some friends. A young girl in the car, a friend of his friend wanted to go to see some people. My son drove to a park where a bunch of people were hanging. In a neighbourhood where he should know he shouldnt be, but.... They dropped this young girl off and promised to come pick her up 20 minutes later.. He arrived and the young girl was lying on the ground, throwing up and having a reaction to some drugs she took. My son tried to help her into the car. her brother and his mates turned up after being informed she had had a "bad trip" and thought my son was to blame. So needless to say this older brother and his mates took it out on my son..

So this is where i step in..What the ...#$%^& are you doing in that neighbour hood? Why did you feel the need to get involved she wasnt your friend as such just a friend of a friend?You must have known it was a drug area!!!! Why did you go there in the first place??

His response.Mum i can handle it..

my respons...

No you cant, you dont know how to handle these thugs..

Sit down, relax have a coffee. Do i ring the police and complain?

Do i let my 19 year old son work this out himself, now scared for his life as the fight as such was broken up by other people ???They still blame him...

Di i go around to this girls house and confront the parents?

Do i send around a friend who is a big scary bikie looking dude and get him to threaten the brother?..

All these things may only incite these boys to really hurt my son next time. Or do we just turn a blind eye and allow thugs and bullies to go around beating up kids because no one will stand up to them.???

Oh being a parent is the hardest thing in the world. When i saw my son my parental instict kicked in and i wanted to beat the guiys myself, lol,, now i think about it, i could make it worse by confronting them or briniging in the police?? what to do?

Any ideas??

Todays quote...

The young always have the same problem - how to rebel and conform at the same time. They have now solved this by defying their parents and copying one another. ~Quentin Crisp

Little children, headache; big children, heartache. ~Italian Proverb


cheers everyone..


9 comments:

jilly said...

Oh Fran, maybe you and I could go and get 'em - eh?!?!? You poor darling! Thinking of you!
xxJill

Margaret said...

Oh my goodness those are awesome

Julie said...

oh crap Fran, what a problem. Not sure which path to take. Being a mother myself the big scary biker sounds like a great idea, but i think your right in the fact that this would only prolong it. Maybe trust your son to know what the right way is ....i know he was in a wrong place but be proud that he attempted to help someone in need....even if it did turn out to end nastily. Hopefully there is an outcome that will leave it all resolved, just sorry couldnt' be more help to you.

take care, and awesome work with the layouts as always.

Melanie H said...

Fran, even as parents we don't have all the answers. I guess the best thing is to let DS work it out.

Welcome to the others, its not so bad in our camp. Lol

Gorgoeus layouts Fran, I love the journalling on the pregnancy layout.

Jaci Clark said...

OMG Fran!!! I can't believe that happened to your son! You must be going crazy! My first instinct is to say let you son deal with this but if there's a possibility of him getting hurt more I don't know how you wouldn't step in! BIG HUGS TO YOU!!! I hope you find a way to work this out and keep your son safe!

On a happier note, congrats on moving forward at the Chalet's survivor. I'm not surprised as your stuff ROCKS MY WORLD!!! I just love your style and am totally inspired by your creations! Good luck with the next round.

Cheers from across the water,
Jaci

Unknown said...

Oh Fran, Teenagers! I guess I'd be taking the road of letting him sort it out, but stepping in if he needs you. It's a tough call isn't it? Hope it works out though.

Love your work and OMG that can't be your little baby Jack standing up looking so grown up?

AnnetteL said...

Hi Fran, I thought I would drop in and say howdi! I love your work and those layouts are awesome. OMG! Your poor son! Thinking of you. Hope it sorts itself out. Take Care Cheers Annette

Anthea said...

oh Fran, well you can look at it this way, he was trying to help the situation. I know from my own experience that if you tell a teenager NO they take it apon themselves to do it anyway, it is such a shame that the brither didnt bother to ask first.

gorgeous LOs though!!!

Ruthy said...

Matey I was drawn to this after reading Rondelle's comment on EMM. Boy can I so relate to how you feel in this situation. Unfortunately our 'big kids' don't always listen to our advice and sometimes they've end up having the @#$%^ beaten out of them before they wake up and realize that we aren't so old in the tooth and might know a thing or two in the end! though matey if you feel it will help see the police, my experience though they aren't around when you need them only when you don't, but perhaps I've just grown cynical over time! All the best mamma hug that little one longer while you can still control where he is! thinking of you- ruthy