Tuesday, February 13, 2007

NEWS FLASH!!!
Well i came across an interesting way to file and store your papers..
Check this out:
POWER CROPPIN PAPER SELECTOR

CHOOKS SCRAPS...
SURVIVOR CHOOKS ARE DOWN TO FOUR!!! Yes we are getting down to the business end of the challenge..
Well done to everyone who has taken part, and dont forget to vote this week!!!
tHIS WEEKEND ALSO SEE THE CHOOKS CYBER CROP..So come on over and have a go, start friday night16th..A weekend of fun and games and of course..scrappin!

What ive been up to: (in the scrapbooking world)
*Friday night saw me and my team mate join up at scrapbook city to complete a team challenge in Reality scraps. We had two hours to complete a layout..Mission accomplished, although we didnt win it was great fun.
*Little scrap book shop had their cyber crop where i completed a layout. Yu had to decorate the edge of a photo and the edge of the page..
Here is my entry that im very pleased with..and yes im still scrappin last years photos..lol..

Over at the Crafting in style they too had thier cyber crop where i managed two layouts
first one was a sketch challenge:
This was a challenge to used black red and white



Over at scrapapple into the third week of the challenge was to create a layout about an object that was red..
I chose the door to Jacks cubby house..

And over at Embeelished i finished the monthly challenge about summer..
I love this photo of Jack taken at Coffs Harbour last year..



wow i was busy over the weekend...lol

IN MY WORLD!

Not a lot happening on the home front, thank goodness...Except the usual teenage banter, hormonal whinging, testosterone induced maleness, that carries with it the rite of passageway into adult hood. The talk at the table is about board and how much they should pay. I have two teenagers who work. One is at uni, but works parttime at pizza hut.The other works partime and gets part youth allowance. So as Michael is at uni and studying and working his board is 40.00 a week. Stephanie since she works and gets youth allowance is 50.00 weekly. Well i never hearthe end of it.. The whys, the im broke, the poor me and other mums dont charge their kids board..Poor hard done by kids, their life is soooo hard.... Well payed board and now my kids do.. I dont think its a lot.. But what is the going rate?..I often question whether im doing the right thing...Hmmmm.... Being a parent is never easy..lol

TODAYS QUOTE...

If you want children to keep their feet on the ground, put some responsibility on their shoulders. ~Abigail Van Buren

Don't handicap your children by making their lives easy. ~Robert A. Heinlein

CHOW....

15 comments:

Julie said...

WOW Fran I am loving your pages at the mo. They all look great.

Unknown said...

I'm Dawn... and new at the chalet - where I found your blog link. Your have some amazing LO's here, thanks for being so inspiring

Shazz said...

hi fran,
it's shazz from over at EMM. could you please contact either me or rondelle about the monochromatic swap you are a part of on the forum.

thanks

Jolene Pienaar said...

wow Fran, busy girl! Love the LO's of course!
And lol, I know heaps of people who charge their kids hoard, but not sure how much it actually is.

Angela said...

My GOODNESS, you go girl! You've been scrappin up a storm. Send some mojo MY way baby!! lol

ScrapManda said...

OMGosh...you've been scrappin' up a storm haven't you!!?? All gorgeous of course!

No idea about board - sorry - my 11 year old and almost 8 year old aren't quite up for board just yet!

love you quote this week :)

Nancyroo said...

Wow, I love those LO's, especially Red Door. Can i have some of your mojo?

Alicia Barry said...

Wow, you're a bit busy. I really like that beach layout. Glad you ohad fun on Friday night.

Unknown said...

Wow, I'm exhausted. How do you manage to scrap so much? You're a machine!!!! Can't help you with the board question, sorry.

sblogspot said...

Love your Layouts!

Joanne Bain said...

Hi Fran
Beautiful Beautiful layouts.
Best Wishes
Joanne

Anthea said...

wow look at all o fthise LOs, you have been very busy, gorgeous, all of them.

sorry about the board thing, I wasnt charged, but I had a deal with my parents where, cause I was working, I had to buy my own clothes and any extras I wanted.

jilly said...

OMG Fran I'm exhausted just reading your post! Layouts spectacular as always!
xxJill

Julie said...

Awesome work with all the layouts Fran - you have been busy!!
Can't offer much up on the board issue - I moved out at 17 and so was paying full rent at that time. I don't think your asking a lot from them and they both are working - is a good life lesson builder as well.
take care

LINDA the SCRAP_ADDICT said...

Hi Fran,
Just visited your blog and you do amazing LO's true masterpiece's in time!! I will be visiting again soon, happy scrapping and looking forward to possibly seeing you at the EMM Retreat??