Monday, August 21, 2006


Well i didnt get a lot of scrapping done on the weekend..lol.But i managed five layouts so ill just have to be happy with that..
This layout is an oh so simple one for me...who loves to stack my page with heaps of embellishments..
It was an AED paper challenge over at ZIGZAG..
Alex with his little brohter Jackson on his shoulders..Jackson was giving Alex loves...so this is a special photo to add to Alexs album.

On a more controversial issue: Taking photos of our children.Its become very political and often i think twice about the photos i take of my kids. example:
When i had my first baby Michael, way back in 1987, i took every oppurtunity to take a photo. Now my photo graphic skills werent what they are today, and technology was only for the camera shops. You know you take a roll of 24 exposures and hope that they come pout allright. You ended up with photos of scenery with two dark litle spots you called your kids..lol
Well i took some pretty graphic naked shots of my boy growing up..lol..he often got around naked...lol..
Now in this day and age you as a parent cant even go to the local sporting game and take photos of your child in his team playing unless you have permission. And forget about video cameras.. What a crying shame it has all beome for parents who just want their kids photos.
I look back on my babies nakey photos and sometimes i feel ashamed, but why should i?? I now take more discreet naked shots of Jack, but why do i feel i have to??? Im his mum, im not a pervert. And perverts will find many ways to get photos of children if thats what they want.
I look sadly at the case of Jon Bennet Ramsey. She was a little girl made to look way older that her five/ six years. Now sadly i could see how some sexual deviate would find that appealing. I thought she was gorgeous, but i also know that perhaps that was taking it all way to far. The photos of her were fabulous, but not of an innocent sweet baby girl, but made up to look sometimes like a much older temptress. If the man that has admitted to her murder is the true person, a teacher!!! A married man!!!!!, A normal looking person in our society????? What good is it to not let parents take the photos they want when there are people out in the world who have oppurtunities in other ways to get photos.
So ill just keep snapping away at my children until i get that tap on the shoulder asking me to put away my camera...Hmmm i wonder where this world is headed sometimes..
So after all that if your still with me..
cheers and thanx to those people who visit my blog and leave messages..

3 comments:

Sara said...

5 layouts is a feat (sp?) and a half!!!!!

Julie said...

FIVE!!! wow that is a fantastic efforet Fran - love the brothers one here...is gorgeous and soft.
Know what you mean about takin pix, i too just keep taking till i get told other wise - was told many times last time i was at the melbourne museum lol.

Jolene Pienaar said...

that LO is just stunning Fran!
And you are on a roll, I'm always amazed at how quickly you scrap.

I don't worry about photos that I take of Katie, she is my daughter and I won't put anything inappropriate on the net of her, so just go with what you believe is right!