Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Teenage daughters: who really wants one..lol
Stephanie is 17 years old and i do nothing but worry about her. Today we had an arguement. I feel guilty, i always do when i argue with my children. Its the same arguement everyweek. All i ask from my daughter is a phone call if she wont be home when she says she will. She is dating a boy who we all know has done drugs. One strike against him. He is two years younger than Stephanie. Two strikes against him. His mum doesnt care what he does and lets him do what he pleases. Three strikes your out. But i have supported my daughter as best i can hoping she will finish this affair and move on .. So back to the arguement. She asked if her and her boyfriend could come home on Sunday for dinner and if he could stay till tuesday as it was his birthday and his mum wasnt going to be home. I said ok, ill make a special dinner, i brought him a small gift and asked my sons to try and be civil to him. She said she was going to a party Friday night and would be home sunday. I said i would ring her saturday to check she was ok. So i tried to ring, no answer. Craig said she will be home tommorow its ok. Sunday night no daughter, not answering phone. Monday no daughter not answering phone. Monday night she finally answers phone and i just got so angry as she was oh. sorry mum...grrrrr.. So she was home this morning and i told her that i was sick of her staying out all weekend and not ringing, and if it was so great at her boyfriends she could pack her bags and leave. She told me her boyfriends mum is so much better as they have no rules there.. So i said it was her choice, she has a family, and everything she wants here all i ask is that she ring me so i dont worry. Nope she decided she doesnt want to live here.. She wants to live with the boyfriend and his mum.. So now i feel guilty about going off at her.. I worry as the home life there is not what i want for her. She is quitting year 12 to work in a factory with his mum..Im so angry with his mum as she should have been on my side and told stephanie to ring, not tell stephanie that she could live with them..grrrrrrr....
Sorry for the long story..but like most things there is a lot more to it.. as a mum i dont think he is good enough for her, i think he still does drugs, trying to find out, and i do worry about her. grrrr..sometimes being a mum can be so damn hard!!!!!!!!
Well i did this layout of her yesterday with photos taken last week. Yopu just never know when things are going to go from happy family to fallen apart and hurting family..
oh well such is life..hopefully she will come home this week and see how silly she has been?
ok so blogger wont let me upload it,,,cant blame it..lol maybe tommorrow..

2 comments:

Alicia Barry said...

Hi there. I'm blog hopping fromscrap pile. I love that "love" layout in your slide show.

scrapadel said...

Fran, I don't have any advice but I just want to you to know we are all here for you.

Maybe living in a rules-free house is what she needs to learn to appreciate what she does have.

Chin up love, can't wait to see the photo when blogger is being nice.