Monday, September 04, 2006


I just loved this layout i did of Jack in a pair of very old hand me down overalls..And i won with it at the TOP 50 CC!!!!. Thanx top 50!
***
Something about blue denim that the older it gets the better it looks.
I dont mind my kids in old hand me downs..
***
Its funny cause when i first had Michael i was given a couple of bags of old clothes and was absolutely horrified that people would think i would need them!!! Not to mention use them.
I went out of my way to buy all new clothes for Mike. Then when Steph came along , the same deal, no hand me downs for this kid!!
Well by the time i had Nick, we lived on a farm miles away from anywhere.. I still had all those bags people had given me not to mention his big brothers old clothes.. And guess what, i found a love of old hand me downs!!! No new clothes for this little bundle, well except a few new must haves..lol..
The clothes in the bags were practically new, and i only kept the clothes from Mike that were in good nick, which was quite a bit..
So by the time Alex came along, hand me downs were the way to go..
***
So when 12 years later i fell pregnant with Jack, i didnt want to have to go out and buy anything new that i didnt have to...car seat, and a few clothes and pram were it.. I got sooo many bags of hand me downs it was fantastic. Not to mention the people who gave me the clothes were the type who were well off enough to buy so many new clothes for their kids that half the stuff Jack has was only worn once or twice and some still had the tags on!!! So he always looks pretty spiffy in his hand me downs. Even the old hand me down overalls that have gone through numerous children look great on him. So my final say in the hand me down debate..
Theres nothing wrong with hand me downs!!!!!
***
Just to end on a sad note: My heart goes out to the Irwin family. Now i wasnt a big Steve Irwin fan but.... He did do a lot for Australian tourism, the yanks loved him... He was a funny, risk taking, emotional man. He promoted wildlife conservation anf for that he will be missed..
Also heartfelt condolences for Princess Rani...to her family who must be siffering as only a family could at the lost of a child..
***
God bless both families...

4 comments:

Nat said...

Hi, thanks for coming to visit my blog! I think YOU must be busy - with 5 kids - even if teenagers can *sometimes* take care of themselves... take my hat off to you!

Will have a little more look around your blog later.

Nat :)

Katie Toland said...

Hi Francine, wow your layouts are beautiful. I could sit and watch your flicker for a long time. Thanks for comming to say hi on my blog too. I'll have to pop in here more often.

Unknown said...

Wow, Fran you're layouts lately are just so beautiful. I've got one word for you - SUBMIT!!!! Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog and as for the pic I made it in Photshop Elements with just a few simple brushes I download and some fancy text. It does the job.

BruganCampbell said...

G'day, thanks from me too for dropping into and saying 'hi' on my little corner of the world.

And I am so glad that I'm not the only one who wasn't impressed with the Bones TV series. I totally agree - the characters I had in mind are nothing like they are on TV! I was so disappointed the first episode, I was like "blah, blah - this isn't who she is etc, this is not like the books, yada yada" to my DH everytime there was a ad break!

And that's a gorgeous LO by the way! (And they all are) Take care. :)