Sunday, July 23, 2006


Wow this weekend was a busy one: two cyber crops and some monthly comps to finish. And......the new FK mag coming out..
*********
The sponsor is SEI, so although i have never used iron-ons this is what is on the front cover: so i hope i dont mess it up..
*********
One of my pet peeves is ironing.. So much so that we dont even own an ironing board. It comes from the fact that when i was married to my first husband, %^&8%%%% THAT HE IS!!!! He was in the army and i spent every day ironing greens that needed to be startched stiff and creases that needed to be straight and sharpe and even overalls, he was a truck driver, that needed to sparkle and crackle with starch!!! I remember being pregnant with our first son and i was nine months gone it was hot in December and i had to stand up night after night to iron..I remember puffy swollen ankles..and a husband that liked to be waitied on hand and foot,,,,Urghhhhh so now ironing only occurs when we need something special like a wedding or funeral. The boys iron their own clothes if they need be: so does Stephanie. Most of our clothes our wash hang out fold and wear,,thank goodness for modern inventions!!!
*********
So back to the FK comp..ironing..Blahhhhh. but you got to do what you got to do even in scrapbooking.. Now where is that darn iron anyways...
***********
Oh this layout i did on the weekend for a CC. I really like it as it is very ecclectic.. Now i got the idea from somewhere but not sure where. I saw a layout online somewhere like this and i loved it. So this is my effort in putting something of everything on one page...lol
cheers and happy scrapping!
**********

5 comments:

jilly said...

I am absolutely loving this layout Fran! You are powering atm! I'm also with you re the ironing thing too!

scrapadel said...

Gorgeous LO Francine. After reading your story about ironing for your first hubby, I just want to say my Navy husband knows I don't touch his uniform. Works out well for us both.

Can't wait to see your LOs for August.

Jolene Pienaar said...

Ooo such a gorgeous LO and one stunning photo too!

Crissy Gaylor said...

LOL I loathe ironing too! So much so that I only buy clothes that do not need to be ironed! DH can iron his own! LOL!!
LOve the layout and the effect you created with the background. :)

Julie said...

looks fantastic francinea - cute pic of your little man, hope he's doing well after his bump - though kids seem to just bouce back so quickly