Monday, December 13, 2010


Is it just me or do other people suffer the likes of a mother who frequently airs her opinions, wether we like them or not?
Dont get me wrong i really love my mother soooo very much but.....
My mother is 87 and lately im scared to bring her home to visit.
I knew it was going to be a bad visit when she started complaining the doctors, who of course know nothing, and are to young, and at her age she is not going into hospital, as she might not come out..point taken..
At home the teenagers, cant do anything right this weekend, better they stay out of sight, my gorgeous step daughter is in the firing line. Poor girl, here is an introduction to the granny from hell, best you stay away this weekend too..
Well my handsome , do everything for any one man, also caught mums tongue. I thought he looked very handsome for his daughters formal, but mum couldnt help herself and shot him down in flames with a remark about his shoes...
Well i quickly ushered him out the door..
The only person not to cop her darkened demenour this weekend was Jack.
Yes the child from hell..
He swears, he spits, he chucks tantys a mile long, he always gets his own way..and yet my mother adores him..
Now if i had spoken a word that sounded like a curse id have been flogged on the spot, if i thrown a tatrum i would have felt the swiftness of my mothers hand across my legs, and probably left to rot in the shopping center.
But not Jack, for some strange reason, Jack brightens her life, makes her laugh and keeps her from getting on my back.
Thankgod for little boys!!!






1 comment:

Shelley said...

Francine, I love your Mum layout.. its just beautiful! (and your story about Jack had me giggling)