Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Our trip to Coffs Harbour


Well im back and i needed to recuperate after my holiday...lol
I have learnt many things on this holiday journey..
1. Jackson does not sleep in the car for longer than 20/30 minutes..
2. Jackson does not like sitting in the carseat for any amount of time after his nap.
3. Jack has a very loud screech when he doesnt get what he wants, ie getting out of car seat.
4. Jack does not like sleeping anywhere but in his own home/room.
5. Craig becomes a bear when Jack whinges at night for longer than 10 minutes.
6. I can stay awake rocking a baby all night if need be.
7. Byron Bay has gone from the once sleepy village that i loved into a yuppie tourist fest.
8. I will not pay more than 6 dollars for a coffee. ie Byron Bay and the street cafes.
9. Even though this holiday was a surprise for me i still ended up buying lunch and dinner most days..it pays to keep silent about how much money you have brought to spend..lol
10. More than 15 minutes at the beach is long enough for a 15 month old who eats the sand and rubs his eyes with the sand..lol
11. My MIL was not the banshee from hell, but a lovely old mum who adored her new grandson, only grandson, from her only child.
12.I will not be driving anywhere longer than 40 minutes again this year..lol
Oh and last but not least.
13 doesnt matter how much sunscreen, long sleeves, hats, sunglasses, long pants and shady trees there are on a beach. In 30 minutes i will BURN!!!!!

ok enough whinging, here are some photos from our wonderful surprise getaway..

First up, Jack at Coffs Harbour. My little beach Bum.


Yes he did sleep, sometimes, and not for long..lol

Ok so now to get busy with some serious scrapping, cause i have heaps of photos. How unusual you all say..lol

cheers and catch you later

8 comments:

Jolene Pienaar said...

ah he looks so peaceful sleeping in his chair ... what are you complaining about lol.

Katie has never been a car person. You know the saying ... if you can't get your baby to sleep, go drive round the block ... yea no never worked with us :( She still can only sit for 10 min before she starts squeeling.

Glad all went well in the grandmother department. You certainly have done a good deed.

lol i need to stop chatting and get back to baby watching.

Julie said...

LOL Fran - sounds like you learnt a lot on your getaway. Glad you did enjoy meeting you MIL and she got to spend some time with you all. Can't wait to see the layouts, you got some great shots

Julie said...

Loved the pics fran and had a few giggles over the comments about the holiday. Can't wait to see the scrapped pics.

Anthea said...

wow, lucky you!!! lol

I dont like taking my boys in town all by myself, I couldnt imagine a holiday at the moment! lol

pn the plus side though, they are gorgeous pics!

ScrapManda said...

Beaut pics as always Fran and had to chuckle at your holiday woes (ie sleeping/beach/sun issues) I could so relate! I always found that taking the girls out of their routine when they were little would always make them cranky, and then in turn, me!!

jilly said...

Gorgeous pix Fran - What a cutie! Glad you had a great time!
xxJill

Unknown said...

Yep know the feeling - one of my boys was a bad sleeper so I put him in the car one night and drove around for 30 mins, came home and he was still screaming and blue in the face!

Hope you can catch up on some sleep this week now you're home Fran.

Ali Russell said...

Sounds like you had a great time Fran!! I totally understand about getting burnt Fran..I am pink after hanging clothes on the line for 10 mins...lol
Cannot wait to see what you scrap....
Chat soon
Ali x