Monday, April 16, 2007

I had a major life altering expeirience on the weekend..




My four teenagers, made me cry, but this time instead of tears of frustration, anger or sheer sadness. They were tears of joy, admiration and the realisation that my kids are growing up.




For a few years now Michael and Steph have not spoken much or even liked being in the same room. Steph didnt care for her brothers, or any males really..Things went off the tracks and name calling and innuendo was an everyday occurance with them. It wasnt until i sat my 20 year old Mike down and told him a few home truths of years gone by: things i didnt think my young children should know, secrets between adults. But Mike being an adult now i thought should know some things. Well he was shocked and his personality towards his sisiter changed, And so in turn did hers towards her brothers.




On Saturday just gone, my dreams were realised. Mike wanted to go to the beach, all the boys wanted to go, so did Steph. So in the car they all hoped, happy, smiling, laughing, talking. I stood there waving goodbye, crying, tears on my face. Craig new how much this meant to me. He held me tight and whispered that my kids had finally grown together, everything would be fine from now on.




Yes i know for some families this is not very life changing, but for our family, from which came abuse for many years till i stood up for me and my kids. This was a new begiining.




And life is good......








So now as i sit and smile over my wonderful kids i will put up some layouts i have completed..




Some from Cyber crops and comps on the net..




Monochromatic challenge:




Embellished cc.sketch.





colour blocking...also altered the photo as i loved the colours in the top..
Oh i used bling on this one and once again would like to give credit to Suz Doyle as i scraplifted design elements for her gorgeous layout..
challenges over at Embellished..
Challenge at EMM....


eMBELLISHED cc.

tOP 50 CC
Well thats all for now..

cheers and back later...


9 comments:

Julie said...

What a gorgeous moment that must of been for you Fran - no wonder you were so happy you had tears, a happy family feels so complete doesn't it - well done to you for being the awesome mum you are.
Fantastic work with all the layouts, they each look terrific.

Melanie H said...

Thats wonderful news about your DD and the boys getting along. I bet you will do a page on this.

You have been very busy Fran. All those layouts look amazing.

ScrapManda said...

I've had a teary night and just got all teary again reading your post....gotta love them :)

Gorgeous LO's (you've been busy!) especially the Decorating the Tree one!

Julie said...

What definately is a sweet moment Fran. You def should be proud.

Loving the pages too.

jilly said...

Now you've made me cry Fran! I'm so proud of you and your children!
Layouts stunning as always girl!
xxJill

Janine said...

How beautiful- your gorgeous children, they will probably never realize the extent of what it means to you until they have teenagers of their own!!!

Your LOs are fantastic too- you are on a roll!!!

Mel Nunn said...

Wow, some serious scrapping inspiration and eye candy here! It's fantastic to read about families getting along, no wonder you got teary. It must have been a wonderful moment for you!

W. said...

Awww, that is so sweet...

I know I hope too that all my kids will remain at least friends, if not close, as they grow older.

I absolutely LOVE your layouts! I have some of the same papers and you have inspired me to do something with them!

jilly said...

Gosh, finger out old girl! You've been tagged!
xxJill