Sunday, November 19, 2006

Hi aLL. iTS Monday morning here and i thought id get in early before Jack wakes up and do a post.. Not a lot to talk about.
Only my eldest son Michael,who turns 19 in December and is at uni, decided to go down to schoolies on Friday night. For those of you not in the know, schoolies is a large two week party on the gold coast for all school leavers, majority being year 12...Now of course with mobs of teenagers comes alcohol, drugs and of course sex. Now those young little innocent girls and boys can all look at the camera and say oh not me,no drugs, no alcohol and im still a virgin, Yes this last quip from a young girl on TV news last night..im wondering how many drinks she had had..lol..Any ways i tell my kids i was young once...dont tell me how careful you are,,because in the end its not always about you ..Now Michael went down this year as i wouldnt let him go last year. I told him i wanted his first drunken party to be in a safer environment, a small friends party perhaps, or at home. If its going to happen i dont want him far away on a beach, in a gutter and with complete starngers..lol..He ub=nderstood so no dramas last year..But this year off he and his mates went.with my blessing and many messages of be careful, ring me if anything happens, all the mum lines i could think of. He came home with a hang over as they spent the night at one of the night clubs.. Good for him!!Now 17 year old daughter who finished year 12 this year, new how i felt so hasnt even asked.. She just got herself a full time holiday job at Dreamworld. So im very proud of her. 15 year old son asks whether he can go when the time comes. And so begins the long speech about, drunken teenagers, men who prey on young kids, drug pushers and the sex which when drunk usually is not safe..Then there was the young kids killed on the sunshine coast, over the weekend,driving a V8. of course!!! No wonder these young kids are having accidents, they can barely drive, just given their p plates and they are put behind the wheel of a car with sooo much power..I had a V8 when i was 36 and i wanted to drive it fast too, cause i could, and how easy is it to loose control when you know what your doing. So needless to say second son will not be going to schoolies...This is where i as a parent put my foot down..And guess what it didnt hurt my first son and he turned out fine for not going...Its very hard being a parent to teenagers today..
Ok over my major ramblings some work to share..
Wasnt all that motivated this weekend..
This first layout is for my EDM, which i am totally way behind with, This was using the Michael Millar fabric in for keeps mag. I punched it into flowers.

This second Layout was for the CHOOKSCRAPS CC . It was to have remember in the title.Its of my dad way back in the 50s on stradbroke island, Not a lot on the island back then, and sooo cheap to buy land. But my dad thought who would live here?....lol.. Now try and buy land or housing there..lol. Oh and there is a journalling block there for i want to ask my mum about the photo and about the day and put it in in her words.

This third layout i had this photo of Jack having a very bad hair day....Was from a sketch over at chookscraps.


Well you think i could have done some more, but i spent too much time on this computer doing other stuff..lol.
Cheers all!!


3 comments:

Julie said...

Am kinda hoping that by the time maddy's finishes school they would of banned it!! Doubt it, but you never know. Totally agree with you not wanting them to go Fran.
Great job with the layouts, they look fantastic!! Especially little Jacks bad hair day pic LOL.

ScrapManda said...

Beautiful LO's (haven't visited for awhile & they're all so awesome!). As my girls get older I dread facing the challenges you're dealing with now with your teenagers! But I guess millions have survived (the parents that is) and hopefully we will too!!! Thanks for the lovely comments about my eldest DD :)

Unknown said...

You already know that I'm in the same boat with you and the teenager issues. Both my boys have been to schoolies and survived, but it was a worrying week for me, as I waited and waited for them to call. And if they didn't I called them! I don't know what the fuss is all about - I would have preferred them to spend their $600 on something else, but....

Love little Jack's wild hair.